The menu in question was the one for my Blog Categories. I have one section called Joomla Blog and then a bunch of categories:
- General Joomla
- Joomla News
- Joomla Tips
- Joomla SEO
- Migrating to Joomla 1.5
The last one, migrating to Joomla 1.5 I had just created after migration. I turned on mod_rewrite SEF, and noticed something strange. The link for the migration category seemed correct:
However, the links to the others contained an extra word… "blogcategories".
I couldn’t figure out where the word was coming from. Eventually I
opened up the menu item and saw that this was the actual alias of the
I didn’t enter that alias!
What must have happened is tha the alias got created by the migrator tool.
The fix is simple, open the links and then delete the alias and then save. This will allow Joomla to regenerate it based on the title.
If you are having problems with SEF URL’s after migration, open up your menus to check this hasn’t happened to you.